- Open 'Contacts', and make a new entry.Write "Undisclosed" (not including the quotation marks) in the First Name line, and "Recipients" in the surname line.
- If your email program requires that at least one email address be listed in the "to" field, write your own email address in that line.(Gmail does not require that.) Otherwise, leave it blank. (Unless there is a recipient of your email that you'd like everyone to see.)
- In some email programs, you'll need to change "Display as" to read "Undisclosed Recipients.Write Undisclosed Recipients or select it when the box pops up.
- Press 'Show Cc and Bcc' and type all the addresses of the people you would like to send an email to in the Bcc line.This stands for "blind carbon copy" and will send a copy of your email to every address listed, but will not display their email address to the other recipients.
- Finish composing your email and press "send" when you're completed!
- The above steps should work on most other email services, but there is no guarantee.
- The Undisclosed Recipients message will be useless if you write "Dear XXX, ZZZ," etc. or mention their names in the letter!
- Cyber-bullying is a crime and you can be punished for it. Never write anything to a person that you wouldn't say to their face. If you have been cyber-bullied, keep the email or text as evidence and tell a trusted adult.
Things You'll Need
- A Hotmail email account