- Assemble the ingredients together.
- Mix the oatmeal and lavender or rose petals together in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the center of a cloth.
- Tie the cloth together with a rubber band / ribbon / twist tie etc., to make a sachet.
- Dip the sachet into a clean sink filled with hot water.
- Dab the sachet gently across your face.If you have any blemishes such as pimples, broken capillaries, insect bites etc., you can press the sachet into these for a minute or so.
- Rinse your face with the water still in the sink (use a face cloth or your hands).
- Pat your face dry with a soft towel or soft linen.
- Leave your face clear of products.
- You can moisturize about half an hour after the treatment.
- You can use this as a remedy for insect bites when travelling, camping etc. Just use your breakfast porridge and a handy cloth, along with some boiled water! The oatmeal eases itching and puffiness.
- This makes a lovely gift. Make a bundle of about 6 of these. Tie the sachets with elegant satin ribbons and write out the instructions to attach to the bundle. Wrap in clear cellophane and add another ribbon or feature of your choice to finish it off.
- Use this treatment in place of your usual cleanser for at least a few days, until you notice an improvement in the sensitivity of or blemishes on your skin.
Things You'll Need
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (porridge flakes)
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender or dried rose petals
- Washcloth (cheesecloth, flannel etc)