- Arrive on time.
- Show your teacher that you care, keep your work organized and show respect.
- Work diligently and attentivelyon your project of the moment.
- Do not wait until the last minute to do your reflection, you will later regret and forget the information you needed to write it, make sure you have all of the key concepts in the paragraph and that you followed directions carefully.
- Do your best.If you are artistic and can create your own Mona Lisa, do it... if not, do not worry because you will get credit for trying your best, even if it is the best head in stilts that you have ever created.
- Write your reflection.It is a big part of your grade so make it count. Include the elements of design and use as much art vocabulary as possible. If your painting, still life sketch, or whatever you are working on is totally grotesque and should not be seen by the public, the reflection may save your grade on your project.
- Read the assigned readingsin the art textbook.Pay attention to the details and descriptions.
- Keep your notebook organized.Number each page and put the correct heading which is the date and title.
- Clean up your area after you are finished.This will help you score extra points with your teacher and it will give you a sense of security and completion.
- Have fun with your projects!
- When the teachers is explaining an assignment, alwayslisten attentively.
- Turn quality work inon timeand keep it consistent.
- Do all the assigned work withmaximum effort, do not try half hearty because it is guaranteed that your teacher will notice.
- Participatein all activities.
- Clean up your areaproperly and handle all materials (i.e. paint, brushes etc.)with care.
- Try your besteven if that best is not the best in the class.
- Ask your peers forfeedbackon your product when completing the reflection for an assignment (such as a painting).
- Make-up allmissedassignments.
- Bringnecessary materials.
- Askthe teacher for help if needed.
- Don't wait till the last minuteto start cleaning up materials. Start cleaning up 5 minutes prior to class dismissal so you have enough time to stow everything away and gather your belongings.
- Don't forget your notebookat home and if you are a forgetful person then leave it in the classroom if your teacher permits it.
- While working on your assignment,don't goof offor talk too much because the teacher might notice and that will affect your full-participation grade.
- Don'thand in a reflection until you make sure todouble-checkthe checklist requirements that need to be included.
- Don'twait to complete the reflections on your assignment at the last minute because you want to analyze it right after you complete it so it is fresh in your mind.
Things You'll Need
- Art class
- Organized Notebook
- Positive Attitude
- The Strive to Work Hard