10 Second Summary
1. Open yourSettings.
4. Slide theAuto-Correctionbutton toOff.
- Open your device's Settings.It’s an app showing gray cogs that can be found on one of your home screens.
- The app might be nestled in a folder calledUtilitiesorExtrasif it’s not listed on the home screen.
- Scroll down and tap on.It’ll be the 8th option listed under the search bar.
- Scroll down and tap on.It’s the 11th option listed on the page.
- Slide the “Auto-Correction” button to the “Off” position.Doing so will prevent your iPhone from correcting your typing automatically when it believes you've made a typo, and will no longer provide suggestions.
- Disabling Auto-Correct is useful if you use a lot of slang or words that aren’t commonly used by others when messaging.