Notification Settings Method
- Log in to your Facebook account using your email address and password.
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow located in the top-right corner of your Facebook session.
- Click on "Account Settings."
- Click on "Notifications" within the left sidebar.You will be presented with a list of all the notification categories currently available on Facebook.
- Click on "Edit" to the right of any notification category.The category will then expand, and display the types of notifications you are signed up to receive within that particular category.
- Click directly on the checkmark next to each notification type you want blocked.This action will block that particular notification from being sent to your email inbox, and to your Facebook notification center.
- Click on the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of every category after you have finished blocking, or unsubscribing, from each notification type.
News Feed Method
- Log in to Facebook with your username and password.
- Click on the "Home" link in the upper-right corner of Facebook.
- Click on "News Feed" on the left side of your Facebook session.
- Navigate to the notification in your News Feed that you want blocked.
- Place your cursor within the top-right corner of that particular notification.An icon of an arrow will display in that area of the notification box.
- Click on the arrow to display a floating menu that contains several options.
- Select the option to "Hide" that particular user, application, or group.Going forward, all notifications from the user you chose to hide will be blocked.
Notification Inbox Method
- Access the home page of your Facebook account.
- Click on the globe icon located in the upper-left corner of your Facebook profile.This icon will display a list of Facebook notifications you have received.
- Navigate to the notification type that you want blocked.
- Position your cursor on the right-hand side of that particular notification.The letter "X" will display in that corner of the notification.
- Click directly on the "X" to block notifications from that particular user.You will no longer receive notifications from that user in the future.
- To have Facebook notifications sent to a different email address than the one you currently have registered with Facebook, return to "Account Settings" and click on "Edit" next to "Email." Click on "Add Another Email," then enter a new primary email address. Notifications will now be sent to this email address going forward.